The aim of the ESA fellowship is "to provide support to young researchers who have a doctoral degree and who would like to initiate a scientific career in the context of Earth Observation, Earth science and Climate research."
ESA is looking for proposals in the following areas:
A) Support To Science:
- Scientific exploitation of ESA.s Earth Explorer missions (i.e. SMOS, CryoSat, GOCE and Swarm), developing and validating innovative methods, novel products and promoting new scientific results.
- Earth System Science research maximising the exploitation of ESA missions and long-term ESA archives (e.g. ERS-1, ERS-2, Envisat), also in synergy with other ESA and non-ESA data sets, specifically addressing the new scientific challenges of the Living Planet Programme.
B) Scientific Exploitation of the Sentinels:
- Development and validation of advanced Earth observation methods and products for scientific exploitation of the continued observations and innovative features of the Sentinel missions (Sentinel 1, Sentinel 2, Sentinel 3 or Sentinel 5P).
- Developing novel scientific methods and tools for enhancing the synergetic exploitation of the Sentinel missions (Sentinel 1, Sentinel 2, Sentinel 3 and Sentinel 5P).
C) Climate Change Initiative:
- Exploiting Essential Climate Variable (ECV) products generated by the ESA.s Climate Change Initiative (CCI) for improved understanding of the climate system.
- Examining Cross-ECV consistency and multiple ECV use (those under the CCI Programme in particular).
More details here.
The proposal and all supporting documents must be sent by email to: EOScience@esa.int by no later than 30 June 2014.